Monday, 28 May 2007

Mum has the answer

There is a saying that goes ‘thou cast a clout till May is out’ and this weekend is no exception. For the sensible folk that decided to travel to warmer climes I salute you, as for the rest of us, what fools we were to believe that we could enjoy the English countryside and all it had to offer.

I trawled the Internet looking for indoor activities that we could all enjoy as a family but there were none. I considered wrapping up warm against the elements and convincing everyone that we should put on a brave face and go back to our original plan to visit the country fair at Highclere but there were no takers. So back to the drawing board where I drew a blank.

My daughter phoning every five minutes moaning about the boredom that had set in and expecting me to provide answers for the weekend activities. What am I a Butlins red coat with a host of activities to suit all weathers and occasions all up the sleeve of my infamous red blazer? I don’t think so but it would seem that no matter how old they are even with their own children, mum is still meant to come up with the answers. Does this make me a failure? as a mother certainly not but it does as a red coat.
This is one time when going back to work after a long weekend will actually be a pleasure at least I know what I will be doing for the day come rain or shine, working.

No comments: